今天小编给大家带来的是职场英语之职业转变,希望对大家有所帮助。
Excuse me. Could you pass me a plate?
劳驾,能递给我一个盘子吗?
Sure. You're Petra Schein, aren't you?
当然可以,你是佩德拉·肖恩,对嘛?
Yes, I am.
是的。
I thought so. You probably won't remember me, but I came for an interview for an accountancy job with you about three years ago.
我就说嘛,你可能不记得我了,三年前我来你这面试过一个会计师职位。
Yes, Alex, isn't it? Bélanger.
啊对,艾利克斯对吗?贝隆杰。
That's right.
是的。
I seem to remember that one of your hobbies was photography. It was a real passion.
我好像记得你有个爱好是摄影,那可真有电影。
You do have a good memory!
你记忆力真好!
So what happened? We offered you a job, but you went to work for one of our compes - Deutsche Bank, I seem to remember.
后来怎么了?我们录取你了,但是我记得你后来去了“德意志银行”,我们的竞争对手。
The conditions they gave me were better, I'm sorry to say.
他们给的待遇更好,这么说真不好意思。
I can understand that. So, are you still working there?
我能理解,那你还在那工作吗?
No, I have given up banking all together.
不,我彻底不从事银行业了。
I worked for Deutsche Bank for a little more than two years, but I didn't really like the job. There was too much competition among the employees, and I didn't really like that.
我在德意志银行工作了两年多,但是我真是不喜欢这份工作,员工之间的竞争太激烈了,我实在不喜欢。
Well, sometimes you have to be competitive if you want to make progress.
哦,有时候想有所发展,你就必须有竞争意识。
I know, but it wasn't for me.
我明白,但这不适用于我。
So, what do you do now?
那么你现在在做什么呢?
I've become a professional photographer.
我现在是一名职业摄影师。
You know, that doesn't surprise me.
你知道吗,我一点也不奇怪。
Are you in any particular sector?
你主要拍什么类型的片子?
I take portrait photos. I've just bought a studio, and I'm creating a library of photos which I'm going to publish on my website.
人像摄影,我才买下一个工作室,我在准备照片库,打算在网站上发表。
You must give me your web address.
你必须把网址告诉我。
Better than that, I can give you my business card.
不仅仅是网站,我要把名片给你。
And what about you? Are you still in human resources?
那么你呢,你还在做人力资源管理吗?
Yes, I am. I've moved to the head office, and I'm the manager there. So now I'm even busier than ever . . .
是的,我现在去总部了,在那儿做经理,所以现在比以前更忙了...